Building and maintaining trust
Above complying with privacy and data legislation and regulations, we believe in building and maintaining trust between ourselves and everyone we interact with. As journalism is a main activity, confidentiality is paramount and that requires trust. We commit to handling any information with care so that you trust us at all times.
Our contact details – September 2022
Name: Robert Zarywacz Address: 11 Furze Hill Road, Ilfracombe, Devon, EX34 8HN Phone Number: 07971 176044 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our business activities
Need it Find it operates the needitfindit.uk business web site directory and northdevonevents.co.uk business event calendar web site, publishes Business Action magazine, organises BBxpo Business Boost Expo business events and other events.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
Names and email addresses of owners, managers and employees of businesses who we interact with for the purpose of the above business activities.
Addresses of businesses for the purposes of invoicing or payment as required for accounting laws and regulations or for mailing material.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you through:
- You contacting us directly.
- Us both developing a business relationship initiated at events, online or various other means.
- You purchasing advertising or other services directly from us.
- You registering for or attending events we organise.
- You participating in a business activity we organise.
We use the information for the following reasons:
- Communication with you in connection with our magazines, web sites, events and other publishing or communications activities.
- Invoicing you for providing services to you.
- Mailing magazines or other material to you.
- We value everyone’s privacy and confidentiality highly and are unlikely to share this information with other organisations or individuals.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the details above.
- (b) We have a contractual obligation, such as you purchasing advertising or promotional services, paying to attend an event we organise or similar. We also retain information to comply with accounting or other legally specified requirements.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our computers and secure third-party cloud servers. Access to log in to these systems is restricted to internal users only.
We retain your information while our mutual business relationship continues and for any specific periods set by accountancy or legal requirements.
Web site cookies
Third party web sites
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at 07971 176044 or email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can us at 07971 176044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties.